Educating Current and Future Contractors in Florida
Finding a construction management job is a challenge. However, you can increase your chances of success in the industry with a little extra education. At ABC Florida East Coast Chapter, we’re committed to providing top-notch construction education for numerous different fields. Not only can you look to us for education, but you can also rely on our team to help you find a job. We have connections with several construction firms in South Florida, and throughout the state that are always looking for new talent. Learn more about what our education programs can offer you.
Do You Meet the Qualifications for Construction Careers?
Have you always wanted to work in the construction industry? This lucrative career not only pays well, but it’s rewarding. At the close of each project, you’ll have the knowledge your work is making a difference, whether you worked on a school, home, or commercial building. Whatever your career goals, there’s never a wrong time to get started in construction management. At ABC Florida East Coast Chapter, we look for the following in contractors looking to start new careers:
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
- Ability to do 8th-grade math
- Able to legally work in the United States
- Physically able to handle the demands of a construction site
- Pass a drug test
- Have reliable transportation
- Punctuality and reasonable response times
A Brief Overview of Our Course Offerings
If you meet any of the above requirements, but you still need a greater knowledge base to excel in construction trades, never fear! ABC Florida East Coast Chapter provides a range of construction courses where you can expand and hone your skills. You can choose from six areas of focus when you begin your construction education and training with us.
- Masonry: Our construction education center teaches the essential aspects of masonry, including alignment, using tools, and laying out foundations and walls.
- Electrical: Focus your attention on electrical work, learning more about electrical design, installing appliances, and risk assessment. This track also includes experience with computer-aided design and preventative maintenance.
- Carpentry: Our construction education institute can prepare you for numerous types of carpentry work, including finish trim, cabinet making, rough framing, and more.
- HVAC: This program will prepare future HVAC professionals to read blueprints, install new units, understand electrical wiring, and keep data, among many other skills.
- Plumbing: Start your career in construction project management with training in plumbing. Our plumbing course focuses on technical skills, as well as communication and problem-solving.
- Safety and Supervision: Complete your construction education requirements with training in safety standards. We make sure students understand licensing, certification, and business basics.
How ABC Florida East Coast Chapter Helps Advance Your Career
Education is one of our many services at ABC Florida East Coast Chapter. However, we know a good education doesn’t mean much if you can’t get a job. Our team connects contractors with employees looking for work, and we help you stay abreast of career and training opportunities. While a low-cost construction education certainly prepares you for work, we also want to make sure you have the tools to excel in the East Florida job market.
Are You Hiring for Positions at Your Company?
If you’re a firm looking to hire new and reliable employees, ABC Florida East Coast Chapter can help you as well. We work with numerous businesses, connecting them with contractors and recent recipients of construction management degrees. Our team does all the hard work for you, from prescreening employees to drug testing. We keep our process affordable and convenient, giving you more time to perfect your latest construction project. By hiring employees through us, you’ll see improved productivity, reduced turnover, and a decrease in absenteeism.
Several Convenient Locations
Are you interested in becoming a construction manager? You can jumpstart your career with a little help from ABC Florida East Coast Chapter. We operate several locations throughout the area so you can gain easy access to our range of services. Our Miami-Dade Regional Office and Training Center are located in Doral, and you’ll find our Space Coast Regional Office in Melbourne, FL. Feel free to stop by with questions!
Request More Information on Our Programs
If you’re ready to start your career, trust ABC Florida East Coast Chapter for the training you need to succeed. No matter where your interests lie, we provide educational opportunities to hone your skills. Whether you want to become a plumbing professional or an expert in masonry, our courses will teach you the fundamental concepts as well as the advanced applications. Contact us today for more information on our many programs.