Safety Training and Health Services in Coconut Creek, FL
Here at ABC East Florida, we’re proud to represent the construction workforce at the local, state, and federal levels. We advocate for construction and labor policies and practices that support ethical and fair work. Whether you want to play an active role or need a community of like-minded individuals to support you, we’re proud to represent you. Join our fight for free enterprise with the Free Enterprise Alliance, our ABC Political Action Committee, and more. Together, we can make a real difference.
Partnerships and Coalitions
To provide further tools for success, ABC East Florida has several partnerships and coalitions that benefit your commercial construction company. We’re partnered with OSHA, STEP, and Commit2Safety to provide you the best safety and health training courses and educational opportunities. We form coalitions, such as the Construction Industry Safety Coalition, to push for and protect the industry causes you care about the most.
Resources for ABC East Florida Members
We’ve compiled a list of resources for both companies and general contractors to use from hurricane protection to safety training. In addition to the listed benefits, exclusive members get up to 80% off online or at Office Depot. Visit https://abcef.ctcshares.com/ for more information.
Online Safety Training
When you join ABC East Florida, you’ll enjoy access to safety training courses that you or your workers can access online. Your staff will get the training they need in the most convenient formats.
We offer you:
- STEP (Safety Training Evaluation Process): Make your business 720% more safe than the industry average and reduce your total recordable incidents by 86% when you make safety a culture with the STEP program.
- Commit2Safety: With a comprehensive range of easily accessible industry safety training classes, your employees will work safely and work better with classes from Commit2Safety.
- ABC Florida OSHA partnership: Our partnership with OSHA helps to ensure safe practices and recognizes the safest commercial construction companies.
We also provide training for several construction crafts as well as apprenticeships across the state. Plus, we offer you opportunities to stay up to date in the latest developments so you can maintain licensing requirements and complete mandated compliance training. It’s never been easier and more stress free to get necessary safety training!
STEP (Safety Training Evaluation Process)
Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for STEP Diamond or Platinum, or submitting via the paper application), and your responses are strictly confidential.
The additional benefits and factors of STEP are:
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20-point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates lagging indicator safety performance data with leading indicator use and self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide-ranging report on the entire nature of a company’s Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Gateway to Accredited Quality Contractor recognition
- STEP Diamond and Platinum recipients eligible for ABC National Safety Excellence Award and Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) – CISE award
- 2013 STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in all lagging indicator performance metrics, leading to participant benefits in the pre-bid/bid process and when negotiating insurance rates.
Protect Your Construction Site with Hurricane Prep
With peak wind speeds that exceed 186 mph, hurricanes can cause catastrophic damage to structures under construction. With correct planning, you can protect your construction site and mitigate potential damage from this extreme-weather event. Below is an extensive packet full of information on protecting you and your assets and a detailed checklist to help before a storm rolls in. The hurricane action planning kit materials include topics such as pre-construction checklist, recovery checklist, response team forms, warning action items tables, typical recovery operation supplies, and much more.