Our Mission Statement
ABC East Florida’s mission statement is focused on providing leadership, ethics, and integrity to become a voice for the commercial construction community. We also work to develop training and education for individuals as well.
- To provide leadership and be the recognized voice of the construction industry in the Association’s geographic region
- To promote integrity and ethics through the Merit Shop philosophy
- To develop and improve education and training in the construction industry at all levels
- To provide a forum for common exchange and camaraderie through membership, services, and networking
- To advance the Merit Shop construction philosophy, which encourages open competition and a free-enterprise approach that awards contracts based solely on merit, regardless of labor affiliation
- To develop the best interests of the Association’s members and the construction industry by encouraging and facilitating participation in the political process
Members of Associated Builders and Contractors will strive to observe the following principles in the conduct of their businesses:
- Maintain a standard of performance that meets the owner’s expectations and fulfills the contractor’s obligations.
- Quote only realistic prices and completion dates and perform accordingly.
- Cooperate to the fullest extent with the architect and/or engineer, and other agents of the owner toward fulfillment of a common goal.
- Solicit quotations only from firms with whom they are willing to do business.
- Make all payments promptly within the terms of the contract.
- Observe and foster the highest standards of safety and working conditions.
- Establish realistic wage schedules for employees commensurate with their ability and their industry so that they may enjoy the dignity to which they are entitled.
- Actively participate in the education of skilled craft professionals for the future welfare of the Merit Shop industry.