Members of Associated Builders and Contractors will strive to observe the following principles in the conduct of their businesses:
- Maintain a standard of performance that meets the owner’s expectations and fulfills the contractor’s obligations.
- Quote only realistic prices and completion dates and perform accordingly.
- Cooperate to the fullest extent with the architect and/or engineer, and other agents of the owner toward fulfillment of a common goal.
- Solicit quotations only from firms with whom they are willing to do business.
- Make all payments promptly within the terms of the contract.
- Observe and foster the highest standards of safety and working conditions.
- Establish realistic wage schedules for employees commensurate with their ability and their industry so that they may enjoy the dignity to which they are entitled.
- Actively participate in the education of skilled craft professionals for the future welfare of the Merit Shop industry.