“Doing nothing is very hard to do…you never know when you’re finished.”
– Leslie Nielsen, Canadian born movie actor
ABC Membership: What’s in it for your company?
Networking for Profitability
Networking keeps you competitive and profitable in the construction industry. Over the last year over 6,500 individuals attended our structured networking events and social outings to expand their visibility and find new business opportunities. Our member-only e-Directory is a great business development tool for contractors and construction users and we regularly provide referrals to owners and GCs asking for a list of qualified ABC member firms.
Membership Saves You Money
ABC members save on average $3,360 per year through ABC’s discount programs! Because ABC is the largest association of merit shop contractors in the country, we have buying power to create these exclusive discounts on business services and products you’re already purchasing—which means your membership may pay for itself.
Education & Training
ABC and it’s training partners, the ABC Institute and the Construction Education Foundation have re-focused efforts to cultivate new training alliances to meet future demands. Here’s what you can expect:
- ABC has trained over 71,000 people in a variety of construction crafts last year and we are the largest single provider of apprenticeship training in Florida.
- ABC has the resources to train in multiple construction-related trades and manages a State and federally approved apprenticeship program.
- Continuing education for your licensing requirements and compliance training mandates.
Working Safe & Smart
Your employees are your most valuable asset. Keep them safe through:
- ABC’s Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP), a tool that helps members protect their employees and experience fewer lost-time incidents by using the 20 key components of an effective safety program.
- Our ABC-Florida OSHA Partnership, which is unique in recognizing the safest construction companies in the industry.
- A full-time safety specialist that will provide you with the latest in safety practices for a fraction of the cost of hiring someone yourself.
Real-Dollar Benefits of Membership
ABC members receive real-dollar value from their membership and a big return on investment for the membership dues they invest each year by belonging to ABC. You might benefit more or less from each item listed, but no matter what, your membership dollars will be maximized!
Add It All Up
- Networking Opportunities: $1,500 Value
- Member Resource Directories & e-Directory: $350 Value
- Contractor Referral/Peer Support: $1,000 Value
- Excellence in Construction Awards: $1,300 Value
- Educational Workshops & Webinars: $250 Value
- Safety Training & Evaluation Process: $1,500 Value
- FL OSHA Partnership: $500 Value
- Legal Counsel & Risk Management Tools: $600 Value
- Jobsite Labor Relations Guide: $189 Value
- GM/Chrysler/Ford Discounts: $1,000 Value
- Enterprise Fleet Management Program: $1,000 Discount
- Fuel Program: $400 Discount
- Verizon Wireless Plans: Up to $960 Discount
- Assistance from ABC’s Executive Staff: $1,000 Value
Your ABC Membership Value: $11,549 nearly 5x the Average Cost of Membership!
Helping you Win Work
Regulations and legal requirements can cost you thousands of dollars and burdensome laws can hamper your company’s ability to compete, or even drive you out of business.
That’s why ABC and its lobbyists in Washington, D.C., the state Capitol and locally are working to keep these laws in check. With the vast majority of craft professionals working for merit shop companies, we have a mandate to lead. We are taking action to ensure members will have the ability to compete and win work fairly on projects. NOBODY invests more and is as widely recognized for our leadership in government affairs and political advocacy.
We keep you up-to-date on what’s happening, so you can concentrate on running your business.
And when you need us, we are there with advice on agency policies and procedures advocating for you!
For more information, contact Jay Sweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-984-0075.