– Warren Buffett, US financier
Member Peer Groups
ABC National is currently developing new peer groups for members on our peer group waiting list. The list below describes the members we are seeking. The three main criteria for matching groups are: trade, volume (ranges are listed below) and geographic area of work.If you could recommend any members that fit this criteria, email Betsy Strock at firstname.lastname@example.org with their contact information. Or you can direct them to the website to complete the online profile form. While there are no fees to participate in this program, we ask that anyone who completes the profile form be committed to the process of joining a group.
|Trade||Annual volume||Geographic areas|
|Electrical||Less than $15 million||All areas could be considered|
|Electrical||Over $50 million||NOT Alabama, Pennsylvania, California, Colorado|
|General contractor||$20-50 million||NOT Virginia, Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, or Kansas|
|Steel||Less than $10 million||All areas could be considered|
|Wastewater Facilities||Any size||NOT Mid-West, Carolinas, Northern California|
ABC’s peer groups offer like-minded business owners an environment conducive to sharing ideas and discussing business opportunities and challenges–all with the goal of improving their businesses. Peer groups consist of six to 10 ABC member companies within a trade or interest area and with similar annual revenues. Members in the same peer group do not operate in the same competitive market, which fosters trust and an open exchange of information.
PEER GROUP BENEFITS
· Forum for executives to discuss key business issues
· Opportunity to learn from fellow contractors that have faced similar business challenges
· Sounding board for new ideas
· Strong network of peers who embrace the merit shop philosophy
· Business consultants who can serve as a corporate advisory panel
· Ability to have candid conversations about operational challenges and the need for cost savings, improved productivity and increased efficiencies.