ABC members have for years given back to their communities in enormous ways. Whether through the annual ABC Handlebars for the Holidays event, golf and fishing tournaments (which benefited local charities), or its partnership with the American Red Cross, we have helped make our world a better place to live.
But when one of our own was in need and we didn’t have a conduit to help them directly, it made us jump to action. So the ABC Cares Foundation was formed. And since being granted it’s IRS 501c(3) status in late 2010, the ABC Cares Foundation has made a big impact.
In less than seven years, ABC Cares has donated more than $60,000 to construction professionals and their families, including:
• A life-long construction professional who needed help to participate in an out-of-state clinical trial for pancreatic cancer .
• A long-time champion of ABC’s charitable fishing tournaments who was financially devastated by his fight with cancer.
• A career industry professional who suffered a severe and debilitating heart attack.
• The surviving spouse of a construction professional who suffered a fatal industrial accident.
• A drywall craftsman, and his daughters, whose sudden loss of their mother left the entire family with inimitable needs.
And many others.
Board of Trustees
Rex Kirby, Verdex Construction
Gene Herman, Herman Construction Services, Inc.
James McConchie, Elcon Electric, Inc.
Harold Yarborough, D&B Tile Distributors
Peter Dyga, President and CEO, Associated Builders and Contractors
Here’s where you can help. Please spread the word about the ABC Cares Foundation and think of the Foundation when you hear of a story of an industry professional and/or their family in need. And would you please consider including the ABC Cares Foundation, a 100% tax deductible, IRS 501c(3) organization, in your corporate giving program and fundraising efforts (golf tournaments, etc.).
The ABC Cares Foundation is formed to administer an extensive and broadly-based program that through the raising of funds shall provide grants, scholarships, awards, training supplies and other forms of assistance to qualified individuals, organizations or families which are or have been pursuing and/or applying knowledge and/or skill in the construction industry or trades and which maintain merit shop and free market principles.
For more information, please reach out to Chris Jimenez, Director of Foundation Development at email@example.com or call 954-984-0075.
Why Choose ABC?
- The Most Influential
- National & State Presence
- More Contractor Members (GCs & Subs)
- Leading Provider Of Education & Training
- Reinvests In The Industry