Safety & Health Strategy
If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, are an older adult or are determined to be at higher risk, we encourage you to not attend any events.
At this time, ABC Florida East Coast is planning to move forward with the ABC Spring General Contractors’ Showcase. We encourage attendees to continue to plan to attend our event if they feel well.
Older adults and people who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.
Our safety and health strategy for the ABC Spring GC Showcase 2020 offers an opportunity to be an example of world-class safety and health proactive preparedness:
- We will have on-site medical personnel and an isolation room for anyone experiencing or showing potential signs or symptoms of the virus.
- We ask that the ABC Spring General Contractors Showcase to be a handshake-free meeting and recommend a fist bump or elbow tap.
- Hand sanitizers will be available for use at the Showcase registration desk.
- Auto hand sanitizer dispensers will be located throughout all public spaces within the building as per the Charles F. Dodge Pembroke Pines City Center.
- Safety signs and placards will be displayed prominently throughout the venue.
Onsite Preparedness Plan
The Charles F. Dodge Pembroke Pines City Center is committed to providing a safe environment to all guests and are closely monitoring the activities of the coronavirus. They are taking the following precautionary measures onsite:
- Housekeeping has increased cleaning and disinfection across all high-volume touchpoints throughout the building including restrooms, entrances/exits and escalators.
- Increased hand sanitizer stations throughout the City Center.
- Increased signage outlining advisable precautions.
- Education and awareness extended to all team members on standard personal preventative measures, using sanitizing/disinfection production, etc.
- Additional modifications to Food & Beverage Service (Elimination of buffets; all food items will be hand served)
Recommendations from the CDC
- Avoid close contact with people who are showing signs of being sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- The CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing or—especially—going to the bathroom. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if they are visibly dirty.
If you begin to feel sick, please notify an ABC Florida East Coast staff member.
ABC-FEC staff are meeting on a regular basis and actively monitoring CDC updates for further information. While the risk remains low at this time, the safety of our guests and members is our first priority and we understand that things could change. You will be updated immediately should the event be postponed or canceled.